Red Pumpkin Curd Raita
- 1 ½ cup Red pumpkin – peel, grated
- 2 cups Curds
- ¼ cup Roasted peanuts – crushed, coarse
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves – chopped
- 1 tbsp Coconut – crapped (optional)
B – Vagar
- ¾ tbsp Oil
- ¾ tsp Mustard seeds
- ½ tsp Jeera
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 1-2 Green Chili – slit
- A few pinches Hing
- Few Curry leaves
- Grate the pumpkin and coconut, roast and crushthe ground nuts and chop the coriander leaves finely.
- Cook pumpkin in small amount of water addinglittle salt and let it cool thoroughly.
- Whisk curds, add sugar, salt, and roasted crushed peanuts
- Mix in pumpkin and scraped coconut.
- Heat oil in a vagar spoon or a small pan addmustard seeds, cumin seeds, Urad dal, chilies (green), asafoetida and curryleaves.
- Pour over the curd’s mixture. Adjust seasoning.
- Serve garnished with coriander leaves, as anaccompaniment with pulav, masala bhat, thalipeeth, paratha, etc.
- *You may use chopped cucumber or a mixture oftomato, cucumber and onion in place of the red pumpkin.
- Pumpkins might be beneficial even for people with diabetes. It contains carbohydrates called polysaccharides and a compound called puerarin, which when paired, help in lowering blood sugar and preventing diabetes.
- Curd is high in protein and low in carbs. This means that, unlike other carbohydrates, it will not induce blood sugar rises in diabetics.
- Peanuts are high in unsaturated fat and other nutrients that help your body’s ability to regulate insulin.
|Total Fiber||2.10 g|
|Soluble Fiber||0.54 g|